Do you want to contribute to better health for all?

The Unit of Biostatistics was established in 2010 and is responsible for the Biostatistics Core Facility at KI and Stockholm County Council. The Center for Bioinformatics and Biostatistics (CBB) is a newly formed center aiming to support researchers at KI South campus. The two units have a close collaboration and are now looking for new biostatisticians to join the vibrant biostatistical community at KI. We are looking for two biostatisticians, one placed at the Unit of Biostatistics and at CBB and the other in Dr. Hannes Hagström’s research group at KI South campus with focus on liver disease epidemiology, for up to two years. More information is available upon request.

Description of the positions

One position will share the time between the Unit of Biostatistics at KI North campus and at CBB at KI South campus, providing statistical support to researchers at KI in the areas of epidemiology, toxicology, and clinical, molecular and genetic research, mentoring of doctoral students and postdocs, and teaching. The other position will provide statistical support to Dr. Hannes Hagström’s research for 80% of their time and work at CBB for the remaining 20%.

The biostatisticians will participate in:

  • planning and designing of research studies
  • statistical analyses and programming
  • interpretation and dissemination of scientific results
  • teaching and seminars
  • data management in collaboration with database developers
  • mentoring of PhD-students and postdocs

The units can provide excellent support and an ideal environment for the new biostatisticians to thrive as researchers and collaborators. The new biostatisticians will be offered the opportunity to attend courses, participate in conferences and workshops, and be involved in the activities of the Units.

Your profile

A degree in biostatistics, statistics, applied mathematics, or related field is expected. Knowledge of some statistical software (e.g. SAS, Stata, SPSS, R, S-plus) is required. Communication skills are important, as the positions will involve collaborating with non-statistical researchers. Ability to work on multiple tasks at the same time is necessary. Interest in professional development in biostatistics is strongly appreciated. Previous experience in research or consulting in some public-health-related area is desirable but not required. Previous experience of Swedish national-based registers is a strong merit. For the position in the Hagström research group, experience in working with liver disease epidemiology is a merit but not required.

What do we offer?

Karolinska Institutet is one of the world's leading medical universities. Our vision is to pursue the development of knowledge about life and to promote better health for all. At Karolinska Institutet, we conduct innovative medical research and provide the largest range of biomedical education in Sweden. Karolinska Institutet is a state university, which entitles employees to several benefits such as extended holiday and a generous occupational pension. Employees also have free access to our modern gym and receive reimbursements for medical care.

Location: Solna and Flemingsberg

www.imm.ki.se/biostatistics

www.biostatcore.ki.se

www.ki.se/cbb

https://ki.se/en/medh/hagstrom-group

 

 

Application

Welcome to apply.

The application is to be submitted through the Varbi recruitment system.

The application for the positions must contain the following documents in English or Swedish:

  1. Detailed curriculum vitae, including achieved education degrees with dates, current employment position, previous positions, teaching experience, service work, honors and awards, and a complete list of publications and documented research activities
  2. A summary of current work (no more than one page)
  3. A statement of purpose (no more than one page)

Want to make a difference? Join us and contribute to better health for all

Type of employment Temporary position longer than 6 months
Contract type Full time
First day of employment According to agreement
Salary Monthly salary
Number of positions 2
Working hours 100%
City Solna & Flemingsberg
County Stockholms län
Country Sweden
Reference number STÖD 2-4926/2021
Contact
  • Matteo Bottai, Professor, +46 8 524 870 24
Union representative
  • Anne Boström, SEKO , +46 8 524 875 79
  • Niklas Andersson, OFR , +46 8 524 874 19
  • Anda Gliga, SACO-S , anda.gliga@ki.se
Published 15.Nov.2021
Last application date 06.Dec.2021 11:59 PM CET
Login and apply

Return to job vacancies